Gary's blog about working together and being off sick

1/19/2015 10:24:00 am BenefitScroungingScum 0 Comments

I have just read Kaliya’s blog, I really do feel for her,  as well as a colleague she is also a friend and work wise we get on like Bread and Butter.

I know about being of sick in the past when I regularly had epilepsy and discolating and fracturing my shoulder and had to have to off for six weeks, the jobs I had no flexi-hours. I was sometimes stayed in hospital until I got better I also had district  nurses to clean me as I could not wash myself.

People might say it’s un fair to have more sick days off or even unlimited time off for being sick, because it’s not equal opportunities. I would say it’s just un fair for not having more sick time off or unlimited time off, we cannot help with our disability.

I am a proud person with disabilities as well as having epilepsy I have a learning disability, mild autism even though I might not of being tested for this ( I went to an Autistic School in the late 60’s) I also get anxiety problems when things go wrong or filling  in forms. I have had epilepsy since the age of 3, I still think people still not understand it. I usually get epilepsy if I am over tired, but I always think there is not enough days in a week.

I am a bit of a workaholic, do not just ask me, ask Kaliya as well, she tells me I am doing to much. I do have a great supporter in Michelle who helps me with my work, she is a friend to me as well, she helps me with anything complicated like form filling in, diarizing and travel ect.

I have got a great team of people from Housing and Support Alliance, I do not know what I do with out them and my network of people I have known for years, and finally my family who can tell what is being happen with in my job which I love doing and discussing the year ahead with Kaliya, I do not make decisions without her, we are a team.  

0 comments: